Department of Rehabilitation
Home > Service Organizations
The California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) administers the largest vocational rehabilitation program in the country.
The California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) provide services and advocacy that assist people with disabilities to live independently, become employed, and have equality in the communities in which they live and work. The DOR provides consultation, counseling and vocational rehabilitation, and works with community partners to assist the consumers that they serve. The California Department of Rehabilitation works in partnership with consumers and other stakeholders to provide services and advocacy resulting in employment, independent living and equality for individuals with disabilities. To learn about specific services provided by the Department of Rehabilitation, check with local office of your State Department of Rehabilitation.
Eligibility requirements are the following:
• A physical or mental impairment.
• Impairment constitutes or results in a significant impediment to employment for you; and
• Require and can benefit from vocational rehabilitation services to prepare you to obtain, retain or regain employment.
Ticket to Work: Ticket to Work is a voluntary work incentive program for Social Security Administration’s (SSA) Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) beneficiaries who are between the ages of 18 and 64 and interested in going to work. The goal of the TTW Program is to help beneficiaries get jobs and work towards becoming independent.
For more information on services, please visit their website: http://www.rehab.cahwnet.gov/services.htm
You can apply for services in the following ways:
• Apply online from the website
• Or download an application and mail the completed form.
• Or call and request an application be mailed to you, then return the completed form back to DOR.
• Or visit an office in person and complete an application there.
• Or give the information needed to start the assessment process in another reasonable format.
California Department of Rehabilitation
(916) 324-1313 (VOICE)
(916) 558-5807 (TTY)
P.O. Box 944222
Sacramento, CA 94244-2220
721 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814